[Regia-NA] PC Beach-RE: Was sprang BILOXI

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:47:59 +0100 (BST)

--0-1305031647-1056671279=:40613

People,as i look out on our poluted beach with it's quick sands,rip tides & suspicious floaty things,floating in the near freezing Irish sea.I will think of you suffering with bordom in your 84 degree sea & sugar sand.
Mik,with tongue firmly in cheek

Wulfhere se Treowryhta <wulfhere@masspostroad.net> wrote:
Yup, that's the place. I have mixed emotions on the Florida beaches.
Sugar sand is comfy to walk on and doesn't get hot, but sticks like
glue and is BORING to snorkel around. Other problem is that when the
water gets warm it gets "RICH". Not that the sea water here in
Massachusetts isn't a varitable soup, but when it's 84º it seems slimy
in a way 65º never does, much like Stout. It's still a cheap vacation.
Believe it or not they are building even more hotels on the beach

There are some unspoiled places I will admit. Mexico Beach and the
shore behind Tyndall AFB are wild. Mom-in-law almost grabbed a small
gator by the tail because she doesn't wear her glasses at the beach and
thought it was drift wood. The jump and hiss clued her in. Apalachicola
is beautiful, more like a small southern town on the gulf. Don't mean
to pick on it so. The locals are mostly hard working, good people and
the most obnoxious tourist I've run into were all from "up North".
Folks do suffer from what we call the Port Authority Syndrome. Take the
Ferry to Nantucket in November and the sailors are as friendly and
helpful as can be. In August, they harbor a deep and merciless hatred
for humanity. The only time we really can't handle in PCB is spring
break. How such a holy rolling part of the bible belt ended up as the
center of leacherous college headonism is beyond me. Church, bar,
church, Club LaVela, church, porn shop, church, bar, etc. on down the
strip.

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 11:35 PM, Sudden Service #5 wrote:

> You mean the Red Neck Riviera? I haven't been in a while, but it
> was
> built up & traffic was murder all the way back when I was young. I
> went
> there after High School Graduation & on Boot leave back in the '72/3.
> It is
> the place where all the Southern kids went for fun-much cheaper than Ft
> Lauderdale where all the rich Yankees went. Last time I went there
> was in
> 2001& it took 2 hours to drive the Miracle Mile.
> The Lifeguards weren't trying to keep you from drowning they were
> trying
> to get you to go back to the stores & buy more-especially from Mushroom
> Tees-the tee shirt shop my daughter & her SO own. One of my employees
> just
> got back from a training session at the home office in Tallahassee, I
> arranged for my daughter to pick her up from work & have a day at the
> beach.
> They had a good time except when they went swimming they ran into "a
> 2' long
> UGLY fish who's mouth looked like a saw" (maybe a 'cuda?)
> If you want to see quaint & beautiful unspoiled & take a step back
> in
> time go visit Chipley or Apalachicola. A drive along the cost from
> the Big
> Bend to PC is wonderful & very scenic.
> Pax,
> Olaf

To kill & to kill again ; just to make sure!

--0-1305031647-1056671279=:40613

<DIV>People,as i look out on our poluted beach with it's quick sands,rip tides &amp; suspicious floaty things,floating in the near freezing Irish sea.I will think of you suffering with bordom in your 84 degree sea &amp; sugar sand.</DIV>
<DIV>Mik,with tongue firmly in cheek<BR><BR><B><I>Wulfhere se Treowryhta &lt;wulfhere@masspostroad.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">Yup, that's the place. I have mixed emotions on the Florida beaches. <BR>Sugar sand is comfy to walk on and doesn't get hot, but sticks like <BR>glue and is BORING to snorkel around. Other problem is that when the <BR>water gets warm it gets "RICH". Not that the sea water here in <BR>Massachusetts isn't a varitable soup, but when it's 84º it seems slimy <BR>in a way 65º never does, much like Stout. It's still a cheap vacation. <BR>Believe it or not they are building even more hotels on the beach<BR><BR>There are some unspoiled places I will admit. Mexico Beach and the <BR>shore behind Tyndall AFB are wild. Mom-in-law almost grabbed a small <BR>gator by the tail because she doesn't wear her glasses at the beach and <BR>thought it was drift wood. The jump and hiss clued her in. Apalachicola <BR>is beautiful, more like a small southern town on the gulf. Don't mean <BR>to pick on it so.
 The locals are mostly hard working, good people and <BR>the most obnoxious tourist I've run into were all from "up North". <BR>Folks do suffer from what we call the Port Authority Syndrome. Take the <BR>Ferry to Nantucket in November and the sailors are as friendly and <BR>helpful as can be. In August, they harbor a deep and merciless hatred <BR>for humanity. The only time we really can't handle in PCB is spring <BR>break. How such a holy rolling part of the bible belt ended up as the <BR>center of leacherous college headonism is beyond me. Church, bar, <BR>church, Club LaVela, church, porn shop, church, bar, etc. on down the <BR>strip.<BR><BR><BR>On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 11:35 PM, Sudden Service #5 wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; You mean the Red Neck Riviera? I haven't been in a while, but it <BR>&gt; was<BR>&gt; built up &amp; traffic was murder all the way back when I was young. I <BR>&gt; went<BR>&gt; there after High School Graduation &amp; on Boot leave back in the '72/3. <BR>&gt;
 It is<BR>&gt; the place where all the Southern kids went for fun-much cheaper than Ft<BR>&gt; Lauderdale where all the rich Yankees went. Last time I went there <BR>&gt; was in<BR>&gt; 2001&amp; it took 2 hours to drive the Miracle Mile.<BR>&gt; The Lifeguards weren't trying to keep you from drowning they were <BR>&gt; trying<BR>&gt; to get you to go back to the stores &amp; buy more-especially from Mushroom<BR>&gt; Tees-the tee shirt shop my daughter &amp; her SO own. One of my employees <BR>&gt; just<BR>&gt; got back from a training session at the home office in Tallahassee, I<BR>&gt; arranged for my daughter to pick her up from work &amp; have a day at the <BR>&gt; beach.<BR>&gt; They had a good time except when they went swimming they ran into "a <BR>&gt; 2' long<BR>&gt; UGLY fish who's mouth looked like a saw" (maybe a 'cuda?)<BR>&gt; If you want to see quaint &amp; beautiful unspoiled &amp; take a step back <BR>&gt; in<BR>&gt; time go visit Chipley or Apalachicola. A drive
 along the cost from <BR>&gt; the Big<BR>&gt; Bend to PC is wonderful &amp; very scenic.<BR>&gt; Pax,<BR>&gt; Olaf<BR>&gt; ----- Original Message -----<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Sounds just like Panama City Beach in Florida just down 98. I <BR>&gt;&gt; never<BR>&gt;&gt; got to see it before my in-laws moved there in the mid 90's. By my<BR>&gt;&gt; tastes it was probably beautiful once but now it's like 42nd street <BR>&gt;&gt; NYC<BR>&gt;&gt; on the beach. I've noticed just in the last 5 years that the<BR>&gt;&gt; trash-to-sand ratio has gotten way out of hand. Also cannot believe <BR>&gt;&gt; how<BR>&gt;&gt; much people drink and how seldom they go in the water(probably a good<BR>&gt;&gt; thing). Every time I go for swim in Florida the lifeguards chase me<BR>&gt;&gt; down with the jet ski's and ask me if I'm drowning. As much as I<BR>&gt;&gt; despise Martha's Vinyard for being "snobbish", they have done the <BR>&gt;&gt; right<BR>&gt;&gt; thing and kept the shore wild, the roads largely
--0-1305031647-1056671279=:40613--