[Regia-NA] PC Beach-RE: Was sprang BILOXI

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:37:16 -0400

Yup, that's the place. I have mixed emotions on the Florida beaches.=20
Sugar sand is comfy to walk on and doesn't get hot, but sticks like=20
glue and is BORING to snorkel around. Other problem is that when the=20
water gets warm it gets "RICH". Not that the sea water here in=20
Massachusetts isn't a varitable soup, but when it's 84=BA it seems slimy=20=

in a way 65=BA never does, much like Stout. It's still a cheap vacation.=20=

Believe it or not they are building even more hotels on the beach

   There are some unspoiled places I will admit. Mexico Beach and the=20
shore behind Tyndall AFB are wild. Mom-in-law almost grabbed a small=20
gator by the tail because she doesn't wear her glasses at the beach and=20=

thought it was drift wood. The jump and hiss clued her in. Apalachicola=20=

is beautiful, more like a small southern town on the gulf.  Don't mean=20=

to pick on it so. The locals are mostly hard working, good people and=20
the most obnoxious tourist I've run into were all from "up North". =20
Folks do suffer from what we call the Port Authority Syndrome. Take the=20=

Ferry to Nantucket in November and the sailors are as friendly and=20
helpful as can be. In August, they harbor a deep and merciless hatred=20
for humanity. The only time we really can't handle in PCB is spring=20
break. How such a holy rolling part of the bible belt ended up as the=20
center of leacherous college headonism is beyond me. Church, bar,=20
church, Club LaVela, church, porn shop, church, bar, etc. on down the=20
strip.

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 11:35 PM, Sudden Service #5 wrote:

>     You mean the Red Neck Riviera?  I haven't been in a while, but it=20=

> was
> built up & traffic was murder all the way back when I was young.  I=20
> went
> there after High School Graduation & on Boot leave back in the '72/3. =20=

> It is
> the place where all the Southern kids went for fun-much cheaper than =
Ft
> Lauderdale where all the rich Yankees went.  Last time I went there=20
> was in
> 2001& it took 2 hours to drive the Miracle Mile.
>     The Lifeguards weren't trying to keep you from drowning they were=20=

> trying
> to get you to go back to the stores & buy more-especially from =
Mushroom