[Regia-NA] Helmet

nathan list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:07:11 +0100

The Wencelaus helmet does not have any holes around the base.

It is mostly surrounded by a thick metal band, as illustrated ...

http://www.arador.com/wenceslaus.jpg
http://www.missouri.edu/~rls555/SCA/research/helms/stwenesc.jpg

And i agree, no evidence for internaly fixed padding (or even suspension
webbing) afaik.  Not as familair with the vendel stuff as i would like to
be, anyone care to comment from that front.

Hugz
N.