[Regia-NA] shoes

Matthew Marino list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:49:13 -0400

Problem with that is the hides are not uniform in thickness, so a
fairer measure seems to be it's average weight per square foot. I like
to see both, so you can tell a thinner high density hide from a thicker
but softer one. The hide industry here in the US would rather just call
it thin, medium and thick. There's a close enough correlation in veggie
tanned cow hide to get by describing a thickness as a weight.

10-12oz is usually 6-8mm in veggie tanned bovine.