[Regia-NA] RE: Was sprang BILOXI

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:08:02 -0400

Oh so true. It's that horse and cart thing again. Like a business, a=20
group needs critical mass to really make progress but you have to make=20=

progress to get that mass. Brings back to mind a comment by Mr. Siddorn=20=

about funding from the crown for Wychurst. I wonder what monies are=20
available in this great nation of ours for living history and Cultural=20=

Heritage. Kind of a stretch but I wonder what might happen....  =20
Perhaps I shall start a quest. To look for Federal and perhaps State=20
funding for living history/arts and check out the application process. =20=

Heck, if I could get a timber grant from state forest thinning in=20
Quabbin, we could have a great hall in no time. The biggest stick, once=20=

again will be public access. If you get public money, it has to be a=20
place that the public can go to. That get's into permanent location and=20=

tourism and insurance and all sorts of "stuff". I have plenty of space=20=

but it's all heavily forested and under the MA Forestry Act(Ch.61).=20
Similar concept. One get's public money (or at least doesn't have to=20
pay it in taxes) to keep acreage forested. However; can't be posted,=20
public must be allowed. Creates a very real conflict when the ATV's=20
tear it up, start soil erosion and kick up fires with exhaust sparks,=20
not to mention the noise.

Re: Mr. Tate;

   As the Rebels seem to be rising again, the North must prepare to meet=20=

them. A call to New Regia Anglorum to pull together and raise a=20
fighting force. I'll have to go back to members and see what we have=20
North of Dixon County and plan an assembly.  All those large military=20
bases in the south! I knew it was just a long patient plan for the=20
south to "Do it again!!"