[Regia-NA] Empires

Nicholson, Andrew list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:46:34 +0100

>=20
> If I remember correctly, by the Code of Law, we need 3 paid=20
> members to form
> a group, but I don't think there is a distance restriction.  Is Mr.
> Lawspeaker on this group to confirm this? =20
>=20
He may or may not be, for he is everywhere...

On the other hand, his esteemed predecessor is.

There is no distance restriction. Obviously over here, being a smaller =
land,
the land grants are relatively small - at nearly 4000 square miles mine =
is
one of the largest. Edward's Ontario holding simply dwarfs it.

Of course, if you found a group with a large geographical area and it
prospers, then you invariably end up granting subsets of it off to =
nuclei
who wish to do their own, more local, thing. (Galweg has a least four
daughter groups within Regia - empire building is not merely a spatial
concept, kinship bonds and loyalties have their uses too).

Actually its three paid adult members.

Gu=F0rum

PS Apart from the National Museums in Edinburgh, and the Glasgow pair
mentioned by Allan, there is also a lot of Scottish material in the =
British
Museum [give us our Lewis Chessmen back!].=20