[Regia-NA] Standard?

J K Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:35:31 +0100

Hi,

Glad you like our standard. It is made of  21SWG sheet brass, hand riveted
and polished to outshine the sun. The tail and wings are of fine silk, the
tail of a quantity of concentric circles of silk tubes pressed flat and
attached at four points to the ones either side of it so the wind will
readily pass between them.

Re-enactment mirrors the world in small. There was a time when the Eorldom
of Wessex WAS Regia Anglorum and for many years we remained the largest,
most active group in the UK. We had 36 men in mail at York in 1994, plus
others without.

Now we are but a distant memory with which the aging minds of the Nine bait
each other - like Guthrum, sometime member of Wessex, Lawspeaker,
Authenticity officer and still leader of Galpaeg, a dispersed and scattered
body of archaeologists that meet occasionally to recall the days of their
greatness.

All things in their season ...................

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Bacon is a friend
in the salad bowl of life