[Regia-NA] sewing help

Linda Rice list-regia-na@lig.net
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:52:43 -0400

Thank you Vara!! Yes, even the simplest things are interesting, and I
don't consider it to be list 'clutter' at all. ;o> This list is
generally pretty low-volume anyway.=20

It's interesting to see how people approach the same tasks a little
differently. I like to sew the front to the back at the shoulder, and
then do the necklines while the piece can lie flat, since they give me
the most trouble.  I'm with you, I machine most of the construction
seams, and then do the finish seam by hand. I just have too much volume
to do every piece 100% by hand, although I do have several kirtles and
aprons that I've done, usually while sitting and talking at an event.  I
think it's funny how people get so fascinated by somebody mending a
shirt. ;o>

Pax,

::Linda::
Happy Solstice!

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-admin@lig.net [mailto:list-regia-na-admin@lig.net]
On Behalf Of Hrolf Douglasson
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 3:08 AM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] sewing help

Gores at sides...no evidence for front and back ones
I make my arm holes about a hand bigger than the arm pit about 4 inches
No charlotte, no fancy tailoring yet
the order I sew in is
1 shoulder seam..if you haven't cut in one
2 sleeve top seam
3 from wrist to hem in one seam
4 neck facing
material about 30inches wide at the time...wide enough for front and
back.
I cheat like mad and machine stitch all the hidden seams..there are five
sets of kit to make for my family and the kids will grow:)
I put ths on list as others seemed interested
hope this helps.
vara
=A0
----- Original Message -----=20