[Regia-NA] shoes

Matthew Marino list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:43:41 -0400

I made a pair of turn shoes with 4oz leather 1 piece uppers and 12oz=20
leather soles. Great stiffness on the sole. I routinely walk outdoors=20
on the gravel drive and it's not an issue. They were stiched with an=20
edge/flesh seam. So, while the shoe is inside out, your stitches go in=20=

through the surface of the sole and out the side of the sole leather=20
through both faces of the upper. When you turn it, the upper leather=20
wants to double over for the sole to sit flat. 2oz leather uppers would=20=

be better. This hides the stitches entirely which looks good and is=20
practical because they are not exposed to abrasion. Yes, it is=20
difficult to turn but if you use enough cold water and are patient, you=20=

can do it. I am a size 8EEE which is a pretty small shoe. As nasty as=20
it feels, wear them around immediately after turning while still very=20
wet and they will stretch and shrink to fit your feet. I wear mine very=20=

often as they are the most comfortable footwear I own.

Do a google search for Marc Carlson at Tulsa University. He is the=20
source of any knowledge I may profess to have.