[Regia-NA] spindles & distaffs

J Hill list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:36:01 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C32C52.193FD520

For Anglo-Saxon women, rather than Scandinavian women, was the drop =
spindle a bottom whorl?  & did it have a notch at the top or a carved =
hook?
Are you making your own or buying them & where?
Did one use a distaff for flax only or for wool as well & what shape did =
it take? =20
Also, what hand-combs are you using?  I cannot afford to buy new combs =
right yet, but want larger ones eventually.  I currently have the Louet =
Mini-combs which are inappropriate due to the plastic insert, I'm sure.  =
<G>
&, anyone who has found good purveyors of these goods in the States, =
please let me know.  Yrs, =C6lfgifu

Jennifer Hill
=C6lfgifu
Wes =F0u hal.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C32C52.193FD520

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For Anglo-Saxon women, rather than =
Scandinavian=20
women, was the drop spindle a bottom whorl?&nbsp; &amp; did it have a =
notch at=20
the top or a carved hook?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Are you making your own or buying them =
&amp;=20
where?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Did one use a distaff for flax only or =
for wool as=20
well &amp; what shape did it take?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, what hand-combs are you =
using?&nbsp; I cannot=20
afford to buy new combs right yet, but want larger ones =
eventually.&nbsp; I=20
currently have the Louet Mini-combs which are inappropriate due to the =
plastic=20
insert, I'm sure.&nbsp; &lt;G&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&amp;, anyone who has found good =
purveyors of these=20
goods in the States, please let me know.&nbsp; Yrs, =
=C6lfgifu</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>Jennifer Hill<BR>=C6lfgifu<BR>Wes =
=F0u=20
hal.<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C32C52.193FD520--