[Regia-NA] viking axes

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:36:03 -0400

Sorry I'm getting into this late but what is the 14-18" a measure of?
The hafted length? The cutting edge?  That'd be one mighty combat axe.
I've got some blades on order from Paul Binns. A great pleasure to deal
with. My axes are working axes for felling and hewing so there's no
direct correlation. There's a great book on axes called "The Ax and
Man" by Paul Heavrin. Good photos of relics and repro's with a lot of
background. A must read for the Ax enthusiast. Keep us posted as to
what you come up with. I'm hoping to get some Frankish throwing axes
some day. Same period.