[Regia-NA] getelds

Douglas Sunlin list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:06:08 -0700

<P>Eileen:</P>
<P>That would be my tent you're thinking of. ;) I started by cutting out a paper pattern from the 42-dimension site. From that, I derived the measurements. Unfortunately, I washed the fabric AFTER I cut it out. Don't do this! Anyway, having a sail-repair shop just down the street really helped, and they didn't charge *much* for the job.</P>
<P><A href="http://www.ydalir.freeserve.co.uk/crafts/tent/pattern.htm">http://www.ydalir.freeserve.co.uk/crafts/tent/pattern.htm</A></P>
<P>Some later tents use the "TT" internal bracing design and that may be where we get that part of the geteld reconstruction:</P>
<P><A href="http://www.pantherprimitives.com/products/tent7.jpg">http://www.pantherprimitives.com/products/tent7.jpg</A></P>
<P>On manręden, </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Osweald of Baldurstrand
<DIV></DIV>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/California_Viking_Age
<DIV></DIV><A href="http://www.geocities.com/baldurstrand/">http://www.geocities.com/baldurstrand/</A>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&gt;From: JuditheileenY@netscape.net (Eileen Young) </P>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: list-regia-na@lig.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: list-regia-na@lig.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Regia-NA] getelds
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:00:56 -0400
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Jennifer,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Try this
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Other_Articles_I.pdf
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk/english17.html
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;One of the California people made his first geteld out of painters drop cloth canvas. Not too expensive and ok for good weather events and to make mistakes on. Good luck.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Eileen
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;McAfee VirusScan Online from the Netscape Network.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Comprehensive protection for your entire computer. Get your free trial today!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://channels.netscape.com/ns/computing/mcafee/index.jsp?promo=393397
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 free of charge. Download Now!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455
<DIV></DIV>&gt;list-regia-na mailing list
<DIV></DIV>&gt;list-regia-na@lig.net