[Regia-NA] Just glowing dear........

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:56:16 EDT

Yeah...that's what I told her but it just didn't fly.  Oh well...I guess I'll
have to start bathing again.

Regards,

Jeff/Thorfinn

kim.siddorn@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

<<
  Sweat Kills Germs - Official
  Hot and sweaty during a battle? Padded jack getting stiff with age and
salt? Well never mind, now you have a perfect excuse!

  German researchers have identified a protein, dermcidin, that is
manufactured only in the sweat glands.  Test-tube experiments found that
dermcidin kills a variety of bateria, including E.coli, E.faecalis, and
Staphyloccus aureus, which can infect skin wounds, as well as Candida
albicans, a fungus that can cause thrush.  Sweat carries the protein to
 the skin's surface to guard against invading organisms.

  One might make the reasonable assessment that the body is more at risk of
external injury during exercise than whilst watching Neighbours - although
the mind may not be, of course.

  When your loved one takes you to task for smelling like an old horse at the
top of a hill in July, you can tell them you are taking precautions against
bacteriological attack.

 Regards,

 Kim Siddorn.

 The early bird may get the worm -