[Regia-NA] Can a virus do this?

Frojel Gotlandica list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:25:07 +1000

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5153984=_=_=_

Nope teeth, eyes and private parts first then the fingernails, slowly of=
 course.

Personally, I think that the individuals that create such damaging virus=
es should have their fingernails
removed and be forced to type War and Peace for Project Gutenberg (at le=
ast then they will be doing a
service to humanity)

Joy

From: "J. K. Siddorn" <kim.siddorn@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:44:33 +0100
To: "Regia UK E-group" <regia@yahoogroups.com>, <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Subject: [Regia-NA] Can a virus do this?

I paste this in from a newsgroup to which I contribute. Is this possible=
???

There is indeed a virus doing the rounds, I have also received three bla=
nk
e-mails with HTML attachments - this is the virus. The virus gradually
corrupts all *.exe files on your system, once the *.exe files have been
damaged you cannot repair them - you must  re-install them from your
original discs. Once you have received the virus it will resend it's sel=
f to
random people from your address book. It also selects another address fr=
om
your book to name as the sender, so it is difficult to trace where it ha=
come from. It also makes up a subject heading.

This virus also detects virus checkers / scanners and turns them off.!

The only way I have found to remove the virus is by creating an emergenc=
boot disc from McAfee Virus Checker, and power up the PC with the boot d=
isc
in the drive. The damaged *.exe files must then be re-installed.

You will need the latest virus data-base from McAfee before creating the=

boot disc.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

The early bird may get the worm -
but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Fr=94jel Gotlandica Viking Re-enactment Society.
http://www.frojel.com/
frojel@frojel.com

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5153984=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman" DEFAULT=3D"FACE"><FONT SIZE=3D"3" POINTSI=
ZE=3D"12" DEFAULT=3D"SIZE">Nope teeth, eyes and private parts first then=
 the fingernails, slowly of course.<BR>
<BR>
Personally, I think that the individuals that create such damaging virus=
es should have their fingernails removed and be forced to type War and P=
eace for Project Gutenberg (at least then they will be doing a service t=
o humanity)<BR>
<BR>
Joy<BR>
<BR>
<B>From: </B>"J. K. Siddorn" &lt;kim.siddorn@blueyonder.co.uk&gt;<BR>
<B>Reply-To: </B>list-regia-na@lig.net<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:44:33 +0100<BR>
<B>To: </B>"Regia UK E-group" &lt;regia@yahoogroups.com&gt;, &lt;list-re=
gia-na@lig.net&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>[Regia-NA] Can a virus do this?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Garamond">I paste this in from a newsgroup to which I cont=
ribute. Is this possible???<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman" DEFAULT=3D"FACE"><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Garamond">&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=
&gt;<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman" DEFAULT=3D"FACE"><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Garamond">There is indeed a virus doing the rounds, I have=
 also received three blank<BR>
e-mails with HTML attachments - this is the virus. The virus gradually<B=

corrupts all *.exe files on your system, once the *.exe files have been<=

damaged you cannot repair them - you must  re-install them from your<BR>=

original discs. Once you have received the virus it will resend it's sel=
f to<BR>
random people from your address book. It also selects another address fr=
om<BR>
your book to name as the sender, so it is difficult to trace where it ha=
s<BR>
come from. It also makes up a subject heading.<BR>
<BR>
This virus also detects virus checkers / scanners and turns them off.!<B=

<BR>
The only way I have found to remove the virus is by creating an emergenc=
y<BR>
boot disc from McAfee Virus Checker, and power up the PC with the boot d=
isc<BR>
in the drive. The damaged *.exe files must then be re-installed.<BR>
<BR>
You will need the latest virus data-base from McAfee before creating the=
<BR>
boot disc.<BR>
<BR>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman" DEFAULT=3D"FACE"><BR>
<BR>
Kim Siddorn.<BR>
<BR>
The early bird may get the worm -<BR>
but the second mouse gets the cheese! <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman" COLOR=3D"#000001" SIZE=3D"3" POINTSIZE=3D=
"12" DEFAULT=3D"ALL">
Fr=F6jel&nbsp;Gotlandica&nbsp;Viking&nbsp;Re-enactment&nbsp;Society.<br>=

http://www.frojel.com/<br>
frojel@frojel.com</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5153984=_=_=_--