[Regia-NA] getelds

Douglas Sunlin list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:52:28 -0700

>Allright, Oswald - I'll bite. Who's the special guest?

Don't get too excited. He is Jim French, an old friend. He started life as a
jazz saxophonist and now invents and builds musical instruments for a
living. His real joy is the instruments of the Viking Age. I offered his
phone number a while back as a lyre builder for those in the market.

Jim sometimes tours with a couple of literature profs who recite Beowulf and
Homer in the original languages. His gig there is to play music on
reconstructed instruments in the entractes. He's also talented at languages
and has been taking instruction from a linguistics prof; he can help us with
our Norse and OE.