[Regia-NA] sword thickness

PAUL WADDINGTON list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:07:35 +0000

------=_NextPart_000_1770_1dc1_65ee

I agree with much of the part about fighting as I thing the battles are
something we could do a lot more with, but those of us who portray Saxons,
especialy the more military orientated are not going to be keen on spending
all weekend being cut down in hopeless battles against heavily armed
Vikings. Most big events though are two days and give us a chance to play
around with things so why couldn't we build up some kind of story to the
weekends combats rather than fight two or more totaly unrelated battles?
Couldn't we start with a Viking raiding band descending unexpected and
driving off/capturing/slaughtering a hastily gathered force of farmers
before reaching a climax with a Saxon army arriving for the main battle to
keep everyone happy.
Cheers
Paul

------=_NextPart_000_1770_1dc1_65ee