[Regia-NA] JVC photos

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:27:46 -0500

That's our Derby group Leader, Graham. He works at JVC professionally.

In 800 AD the Valsgaarde 7 he's wearing was - what? - 200 years old at =
that
time.

The Coppergate Helmet dates stylistically to circa 725 and is an Anglian
helmet, yet the lining of the well in which it was found in the centre =
of
Viking Jorvik was dated by dendrochronology to circa 900AD.

S-o-o-o yes, definitely old fashioned but not entirely out of order -
although we would not like to see them proliferate!

---speaking of old helms;)

i have reorganized my web space so my helms page has moved to=20

Halvgrimr
(it contains some updated info on the Strong/Kiev helm)
(also check out Doug Strongs page about this at =
http://talbotsfineaccessories.com/helmet.html)
he seems rather cocky to me, sounds as if he is blaming Tweddle for his =
misrepresenting a WWII pilot hat as a Viking Age helm;)