Pennsic comment was Re: [Regia-NA] Testing a Theory about whetstones!

Charlotte Mayhew list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:00:19 -0400

Anyone can show up starting Friday, August 2nd.  But you can only camp on
the battlefield that night.  Land Grab is officially on Saturday, the 3rd of
August.  On that day, all the groups go to their assigned areas and wrestle
over who camps where.  When that's done (it can take all day), people can
start setting up their camps.

Generally, the rest of us aren't encouraged to show up until Sunday the 4th.
The first week of Pennsic is quiet, with most groups taking a few days to
get their camps set up.  Classes start late the first week.  The second
week, called War week, is when all the battles take place.  It's also when
all the large parties are help.

Last year was the first time we've gone for the first week, and I actually
preferred it!  Much more relaxing...

--charlotte mayhew