[Regia-NA] an introduction

MIKE LAWSON list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:41:56 +0000

<P>I personally always keep a whetstone handy but then i have a full complement of sharps that i take to shows,which makes the whetstone more than just an accessory.I have always wanted a correctly shaped stone for which i would probably pay up to £10 [$15-$18? ] if i had the cash on me at the time.</P>
<P>olaf [aka Mike ]{Otringemelr uk}<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: "Sudden Service #5" <SUDNSERV5@NETWAY.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: list-regia-na@lig.net
<DIV></DIV>To: <LIST-REGIA-NA@LIG.NET>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] an introduction
<DIV></DIV>Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:18:40 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Hej!
<DIV></DIV>Will you be at the Stonemarche Foole's Picnic this Saturday? We can talk about Regia then if you are. If you are going to Pennsic &amp; camping with Stonemarche I will be there as well. Maybe we should have the Regia meeting at the Stonemarche camp this year? I don't think Magnus, or anyone else who has limited mobility, would have any problems making it to there.
<DIV></DIV>Pax
<DIV></DIV>Olaf
<DIV></DIV>who made 5 whetstones today based on those he saw at the Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga exhibit. They are roughly 2 inches in length by a half to 5/8 inch square drilled through at one end. I will be adding fine silver orings on them on Wednesday when my order of stock gets in. Here is a question for you all, especially those of you in Britain: Do any of you carry whetstones as part of your kit &amp; if so what would be a reasonable price for this type of item here in the States?
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Thaddeus Rogers
<DIV></DIV>To: list-regia-na@lig.net
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 4:40 PM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: [Regia-NA] an introduction
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I'd like to introduce myself.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>My name is Thaddeus, and I have had a growing interest in Living History groups over the past few months. I am a long time member of the SCA, and have found recently that my personal goals and those of the Society at large diverged somewhere along the track. Here I am at a recent practice in New Hampshire (I am the one with helmet hair on the left) http://www.stonemarche.com/events/various/thaddeus_artos.jpg
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I still love fighting, but would rather wear my maille and look spiff than strip to plastic and padding so that I can keep up with the sporters, and I find that I prefer talking to the kids in the crowd (regardless of age) over paying attention to opponents in a tournament. Kids get such a kick out of maille.
<DIV></DIV>