[Regia-NA] FW: Shields

Jeanne list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:04:41 -0500

So you're doing a safety glass thing, like a windshield.  It has that layer
of plastic to keep the glass from shattering.

Tudjane Soffya
Magyar  Ajándékok
http://www.aeonline.biz/Magyar.htm
Order of St. Roche
Incipient Canton of Sudentur
Barony of Stierbach
Kingdom of Atlantia

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-admin@lig.net [mailto:list-regia-na-admin@lig.net]On
Behalf Of Seathrun MagAoinghouis
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 5:57 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: RE: Re: [Regia-NA] FW: Sheilds

I do have some red linen that could be used instead for the cover. I like
the idea of material between the wood layers. I have had a few wood shields
blow apart from sca fighting. I dont like splinters in the face. I figure
since the boss is behind the padding with the stapping like in osprey's
books that there is no way to put a hand into the boss since I am not
bothering to cut a hole in the shield. The only reason I can see for the
hold over of the boss when they changed away from center grips is the added
protection directly over the hand. I can put arrows though one of my 1/2
inch "fish" with out difficulty. They do get deflected when they hit a boss.
I like the angling info for the boss edging that will make it much easier.
Do you have any info on how to do the billut kind?.

thanks

Seathrun

--- message from Nathan Beal <fenrirr@lycos.co.uk> attached: