[Regia-NA] FW: Sheilds

Seathrun MagAoinghouis list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:56:39 -0800 (PST)

------------=_1040165799-13454-0

I do have some red linen that could be used instead for the cover. I like the idea of material between the wood layers. I have had a few wood shields blow apart from sca fighting. I dont like splinters in the face. I figure since the boss is behind the padding with the stapping like in osprey's books that there is no way to put a hand into the boss since I am not bothering to cut a hole in the shield. The only reason I can see for the hold over of the boss when they changed away from center grips is the added protection directly over the hand. I can put arrows though one of my 1/2 inch "fish" with out difficulty. They do get deflected when they hit a boss. I like the angling info for the boss edging that will make it much easier. Do you have any info on how to do the billut kind?.

thanks

Seathrun

--- message from Nathan Beal <fenrirr@lycos.co.uk> attached:

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag