[Regia-NA] Unsubscribing

Pete James list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:30:35 -0000

Hi

If kim was lucky then so was I !

I did likewise and un-subbbed and my spam fell from 20 per day to none. It's
backing up to about 2 per day again now, but I won't do anything unless it
goes mas again.

I've heard this 'don't-unsubscribe-you're-just-confirming-you-address'
mantra before, and I now start to wonder. Is it possible that this is just
what the spammers want, since if you do un-sub they are obliged to stop
sending the stuff ?

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: nathan [mailto:fenrirr@lycos.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:56 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net

Kim you are lucky.

Basically if you unsubscribe/reply to any of the bulk spammers they then
know that somebody reads the account.  Unless they get message bounced
messages (thus denoting the account definately does not exist) these senders
are never sure.  Confirmed adresses (ones where the sender knows it actually
goes to an account that somebody reads) are worth a lot more to these bulk
senders.

Sometimes i hate the internet, but i get less spam than i do junk s-mail
when compared with stuff i actually want (depressing but true).

Hugz
N.