[Regia-NA] Hotel Rooms--Micel Folcland Eostre Training Event

Folo Watkins folo at advancenet.net
Sat Mar 31 20:02:02 EDT 2007

 From my wife, the local bus expert:

>I found the information very helpful, and have a
>reservation at the Historic Lincoln Hotel.  On the
>other hand, I have no idea where this is in relation
>to the University or the Amtrak station. Are either or
>both of these walkable distances? Is there public
>transportation available, and if so where can I get
>route and schedule information?

There's a bus stop just north of the hotel that has Multiple buses that
also go to the Illini Union. Since it's a transfer point, there are
electronic signs that tell how soon each bus will arrive. 5 Green West, 6
Orange West, 25 Loop West (pick up on the court house (east) side. The 10
Gold West picks up on the parking structure (west) side. Fare is $1 per ride.

For routes and schedules see: www. cumtd.com. It's about a 12 block walk
straight west on Green St., if the weather is cooperating.

You can buy seven tokens for $5, which makes it a little cheaper.

Folo again. If you need a ride from the station, give me a call
(217.384.7333). Persons flying in can also call if they want. The first
day's classes are right across the street from the hotel. The hotel is
between us and the Union, so you might be able to get a ride with someone
staying here; I also believe that at least one other person is staying at
the Historic Lincoln.

I hope this is enough information. We're struggling to put in a new door
rioght now... :\

See ya soon!

Cheers, Folo