[Regia-NA] Forest Glen Timeline

Folo Watkins folo at advancenet.net
Mon Apr 30 10:02:02 EDT 2007

Feeling sore and exhausted after the Timeline, but we had a great time. We
had a few hundred visitors, and even if the weekend was not that large, we
had a lot of fun. Micel Folcland (Regia Anglorum) was set up at one end of
the line, and we had a good stream of interested visitors. Kevin Young set
up a Mexican War camp next to us on Saturday; Carol and Amy did some
spinning on Saturday; there was a member of Fraser's (F&I. Forces of
Montcalm and Wolfe) who dressed in medieval drag; Michael Stevens set up a
"Weapons thru the Ages" display, and his wife Diana (1750s) moved into the
cabin. The 78th, Fraser's company (F&I) showed up in force (Michael is
commander). More on Saturday than on Sunday. We spent a lot of time walking
over to the porch of the cabin--we had limited shade--and talking, and
Friday & Saturday nights, we hung out on the porch just gabbing and having
a great time.

If you were nearby and missed it, shame on you. We had folk visiting from
around the state, and we met a lot of great people both reenactors and
turons! We have a commitment to do it again, so we hope a better turnout
next time. Forest Glen is only about 90 minutes from Indianapolis, 2-1/2
hours from Chicago and 45 minutes from Champaign.

I especially want to thank Babette Colburn, Karen Bergquist and Julie
Watkins for filling out the Regia camp. We had a blast. Babette's
6-month-old daughter, Sylvie, was the belle of the camp; Babette never
wanted for folk willing to hold Sylvie while she had to do something else.
This ran across all eras :)

You can see a few photos of the good times at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/folo/sets/72157600159919383/. It was a
beautiful, sunny weekend, and Forest Glen is always beautiful! In fact, the
Stevens will be back at Memorial Day, and Micel Folcland is arranging with
the lovely and talented Susan Biggs-Warner, the director of the site, to
have a Hearth Day in and around the cabin this fall!