[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Viking Wind

marfield66 at sympatico.ca marfield66 at sympatico.ca
Tue May 30 20:17:01 EDT 2006

Not aware of the source but the analogy could possibly come from the fact that the combination of the clinker planked hull and the bow shape had the effect of trapping pockets of air between the overlapped planks causing less friction, greater effeciency/speed and consequestly causing the hull to rise higher out of the water offering less 'wetted surface' and promoting still further efficiency.
Hope you landlubbers got that.
Cap't Martin F