[Regia-NA] arms and combat in the Sagas of Icelanders

William R. Short thorleifur at hurstwic.org
Tue May 16 17:56:10 EDT 2006

The question about broad brimmed hats reminded me that there might be
people on this list who might have an interest in using the sagas as source
material.

About a year ago, I compiled a list of virtually all the references to arms
and combat in the _Sagas of Icelanders_.  I've recently finished a major
revision of the list, adding more instances, more information about the
sagas, and a statistical summary of the use of weapons and their effect in
the sagas.

The list and the other articles are all linked from this page:
http://www.hurstwic.org/library/arms_in_sagas/

I hope people find this useful.

Best regards,
Bill