[Regia-NA] Late notes of the Whitby Clothing meeting- long

Jan Ward hawksbluff at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 14:24:26 EDT 2006

Guthrum writes:
  >It's a completely impractical location for the   coats, and could only be used *if* it was suggested that the pin had moved to   the hip post-deposition from a more central original location. However, the   relative consistency of the actual find locations argues against   this.<

  I'm sitting here thinking of all sorts of possibles (note: I didn't say probables)
  First evidence of kilt pins
  Additional cloak closure, leaving one arm free
  Holding up slipping hose
  Pinning up tunic skirt to show off nice knees
  ditto, to provide quick access to hidden throwing knife
  Fashion fad
  Fancy safety-pin
  Holding up long dangly cloak ends
  Pin on outside to hold purse on inside
  Cure for arthritis of hip (I might try that one) a la copper bracelets on wrists
  Conspicuous consumption
  Shroud pin
  Hanger for various stuff
  Left hip: I'm available, girls.  Right hip: Sorry, I'm married
  Must be more...
  Jan