[Regia-NA] Wake UP!

Jenn aelfgifu at citlink.net
Mon Jan 9 14:39:36 EST 2006

Hello, everyone.  No one is stepping forward with ideas for publicity.
You are missing out!  What is worse, REGIA NA is missing out on your
talents & suggestions.
I'm not expecting everyone to step forth with finished ideas & plans,
but I am looking for things to get some discussion going.
Folo has a nice flyer.  What about the rest of the world?
My own idea [yes, you may laugh now] is to have a battle scene with an
MP looking on with longing.... Next sequence, he is IN the battle.
& for non-combatant flyers, have the arts of peace...  again, someone on
the outside looking in, etc.
What sort of publications shall we use to get the word out?  What AREAS
shall we concentrate on, first?
I know someone mentioned publications for those other
authenticists[<G>]: Civil War reenactors.  They would be good - they
already know how authenticity makes things so much better.
Universities?
What about those who already have groups on the ground?  What did you
do?  How did you do it?  What seemed to catch your eye, in the first
place?  Wynmerestow, you're the champions!  Speak!  How about the Danelaw?
I think I found Regia while surfing a page of other medieval
reenactors.  I'd like to see something a bit more visible, so one
doesn't have to be up at all hours to run into the URL. <G>
Additionally, many are piggy-backing onto SCA events or multi-reenactor
events like Ft. Mac in CA.  In addition to Pennsic in the East, there is
Estrella  in AZ, Ft Mac in CA, Uprising War in Idaho.  I'm sure there
are many more.
I am so encouraged to see Osweald building CA, Tom working in the DC
area, & so many others!
Climb on board!  Jennifer

--

Jennifer Hill
Geforðian Strand

Ælfgifu
Cynn Readheort

Today may be all sunshine, but God is more surely in the Night