[Regia-NA] Viking Weekend at Haffenreffer Museum in RI

JAMES REVELLS sudnserv5 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 29 10:30:44 EDT 2006

Sounds good, Dane!
    I will post to this list any time I have something going in the Norse area of interest.  Most likely the next thing will be the grand opening of my store.  I will be trying to get as many Viking Age enthusiast to attend as I can find.  That  will be October the seventh.  Another place to find VA enthusiast is in the Norse A & S room at "A Market Day at Birka" a SCA event held the last weekend of January.  Many of the people from New England you see posting here attend it.
    I am serious about getting a VA group going in the area, at this time I am not sure what it will be or when I will start (getting my business going & profitable comes first).  It may wind up being an SCA household with a narrow focus or it could be a Regia-NA, or a Vikings-NA chapter or maybe see if DARC is interested in a southern chapter or even all of the above.  None of the current major groups cover the area or time frame that I am specifically interested in, which is Birka in the 800's.
    One of the things I will be doing to make money in "mud season" is teaching classes in jewelry making.  One of the classes will be "Low Tech=High Quality: The Norse method of Clay Mould Casting".
Pax,
Olaf