[Regia-NA] Birka pouch info

ISAK010 at aol.com ISAK010 at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 17:50:01 EDT 2005

Hello Ragnar,

I while ago I did a lot of research myself the same.  From what I have  found
there has been no complete pouch found.  Just the hardware, which  gives some
idea of size.  If you go to _www.northan.net_ (http://www.northan.net)  you
can see (and buy) some of  the hardware and Alban's idea of shape.  From
looking at several different  peoples versions of these pouches you are looking at
about the following  dimensions.  About 6" to 5 1/2" wide, about the depth of
your hand and  I put in a one inch gusset to be able to fit my hand in.  I have
seen them  made of leather and or felted wool.  They have been edged with
rolled  leather or braided.  As for shapes I have seen five sided ones, and round
 bottomed ones.

I am working on a pouch right now myself.  Though Regia, does not work  with
pouches when I finish it Ragnar I will send you some pictures of it.

Michael  Walden

Darkcraft's Wandering Mercantile
4115 Honey Creek
Ada, MI  49301-9725

Isak010 at aol.com

In a message dated 9/30/2005 12:13:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,