[Regia-NA] group liability insurance

Short, William R. short at bose.com
Fri May 13 15:28:13 EDT 2005

Our group (Hurstwic) just had to cancel a demo set for tomorrow because
the venue did not accept our liability insurance and/or documentation of
the insurance.

So, what do other groups (Regia affiliated or not) do when they perform
publicly?  Since I suspect liability laws are very different in Canada
and in the UK than in the US, I'm mostly interested in what folks in the
US are doing about liability insurance for public events.

I've been talking with acquaintances in other living history performance
groups, and it looks like many of them are scrambling to find suitable
insurance this season, as a result of the RenFaire injury in Michigan
last fall.

Comments and suggestions on the need for liability insurance, and
sources for coverage for a small group like ours would be most welcome.
Thanks.

Bill