[Regia-NA] good linen prices?

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 27 02:34:19 EDT 2005

Joy Cain wrote:

> I think she was being vengeful-she does that. She had to get her snout into
> the cage where I kept the loom to get at the linen.
>
> This is the same dog that chews on walls. We are trying to sell our house so
> I came up with a mixture of spackle, ground pepper, cayenne pepper and
> tabasco to patch the walls. She likes bitter apple, so that's useless.

Now you are going to attract our southern neighbors who eat those like
candy [and have a higher incidence of intestinal cancer].

I forget which book it was Dragon and the Phoenix or Jewel in the Lotus
that discussed Arabic/Sudanese solutions to people whizzing on the house
walls and -banging it dry- there. Seems some arabs mix nettles in with
the paint to deter such things. I would have thought they all wore
yellow pants from the splash myself, or because of it.

There are much more unusual things in those books too.
Not exactly the Perfumed Garden. One discusses arabic sex
practices as to cultures and leaves anyone normal with a less than
shining impression of their mindset.
The Sudan is especially extreme. Those people are flat out crazy.

Anyway since you are looking to keep the dog's nose out of everything
I wonder if you shouldn't try spinning nettles. Seems like someone in
a fairy tale did that. Not exactly a sea urchin nose from biting a
hedgehog or pocupine but tasty none the less. There is another
substitute however - fiberglass insulation.

> She is a Norwegian Elkhound. My husband asked for the highest energy puppy
> from the breeder. Ack.

And you didn't get one of those Frazier dogs - A Jack Russel Terrier?
Seems everyone buys them, then can't keep up with them, and gives them
to the pounds for adoption. There was an epidemic of that here.

> To be truthful, I haven't woven sine we got her. When we move, I hopefully
> can have a studio where I can shut the door.

You might want to put a sheet of lexan on the door - if you like the
door. You could use some formica but I expect fido would wear through
the top layer with the claws.

Magnus
Somewhat wide read.