[Regia-NA] Looking for braie and Hosse pattern for Norman XI century

UrthMomma at aol.com UrthMomma at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 13:00:34 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/26/2005 11:25:16 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
list-regia-na-request at lig.net writes:

>  am looking for leg clothing pattern for a Norman man 11 century.
>
> I was surfing the net for some info but I did not find conclusive
> informations. Some talk about kind of modern 1 piece pant other of 3
> piece, one underware and 2 part for each leg...
>
> Could someone help me with that
>
> Thank's
>
> Godfroy

Godfroy,

If you are looking for commericial patterns cut in an early medieval manner,
La Fleur de Lys has  a medieval accessories pattern with braies, hose,
stockings, purse, hood. You can order it online at

http://sykesutler.home.att.net/fdlbrand.htm

The braies are amazingly baggy, and the hood hangs  a bit strangely in linen,
might work better in wool, but this was for a kid for summer.

or Syke's Sutlery carries it at Pennsic, if I am not mixing up merchants -
close to the shower house.

Olwen