[Regia-NA] Beowulf

chris miller attercob at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 06:41:31 EDT 2005

Well, in slightly better, but not entirely good news.... there's also a live action Beowulf movie staring Gerard Butler, Sarah Polley and Stellan Skarsgård... it's called "Beowulf and Grendel" and is apparently a bit of an "alternate take" on the story. But at least they've got the time period right, and the costuming/set pieces indicate that they've done a good deal more research than the average period film bothers with. The downside is that the writer seems to have a pretty flimsy grasp on Germanic religion and mythology in general, adding a (possibly) psychic witch/outsider to the mix in the form of Sarah Polley. Oh, and Grendel's got a father and a kid in this one. Filming wrapped up in Iceland just recently.
Still... I'm curious. I think it's worth a look... just stay away from that Zemeckis trash!
Check out www.beowulf-movie.com for more info.
Oh, and hullo all. I'm new... hope this has been of some use.
-Christopher Liebtag Miller

Hazel Uzzell <gythe at snrd.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
Saw this in the newspaper this morning.

Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, Brendon Gleeson and Robin Wright Penn are in talks to star in Robert Zemeckis's 'Beowulf', based on the old English poem of heroes, feudal wars and battles with monsters.

(So far so good, however.....)

Using the technique that Zemeckis pioneered in last year's Polar Express, the Beowulf actors will perform their roles, which will later be processed through a computerised motion-capture animation process.

In other words, the film... will be half way between live action and 3D animation.

Hazel
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
list-Regia-NA site list
list-Regia-NA at lig.net