[Regia-NA] Film "The Vikings" trivia.

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 10 03:43:56 EST 2005

Jeanne wrote:

> Soon comes the anchoress.
> That quaint English custom of holing someone up in
> the church for life to sanctify it by never giving them
> enough water for a bath.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
>
> Sounds like the scene in King Arthur.  bloody awful movie, kids asked for
> rental money back!  haha!

You mean they didn't fall for the sexy broad with the battle
bikini on?  The one who terrorized all the Saxons with the sight
of her navel?

Well, I didn't either. That was arguably the worst costume in the film.

> Waiting for Knights of the Round Table to start this AM on TCM with Robert
> Taylor and Ava Gardner.

You know, you really ought to watch Quentin Durward one time
with the axe fight while swinging from bell ropes above a burning
floor. Robert Taylor did that one too and played an Ivanhoe.

Hmmm. I don't own Quentin Durward in a movie.
I need to look into that.

Didn't someone do the Talisman as well?
I seem to recall that one too.

Then there was Omar Khayim.
Boy, I'm just chock full of old movie news today.

IF someone ever learns of Shadow of the Raven being
in print let me know.

You have seen Viking Saga right?
The decapitated head saying "Bad Luck!"?
:)
Technically decapitated heads have been known to register
sentient reactions for substantial amounts of time if the blood
can't drain. But breathing to speak....is a bit hard to explain.

Magnus