[Regia-NA] Film "The Vikings" trivia.

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 9 07:53:48 EST 2005

Jeanne wrote:

> I remember watching that on TCM.
>
> Felt like I wasted 1 hr 45!

Scale of ten it was a four.

Have you watched Alfred the great?
With david hemming.

I couldn't find a copy for twenty years and the local
cable company coerced Turner Entertaiment to send
me a copy from their stock tape gratis. Damned nice
of them. I had remembered it since I was a kid almost.
I sent them both money for a nice lunch with a thank
you letter for each of them separately.

Michael York as Guthrum of the Vikings who say
only one word repeatedly - whatever it was.
Icky armor though. When you know what it is supposed to
be a lot of the thrill goes out of it when you see it
again as an adult. But at least I got to see it.

Soon comes the anchoress.
That quaint English custom of holing someone up in
the church for life to sanctify it by never giving them
enough water for a bath.

That and holy stinkers beneath the floors and walls.
They still did that in the church I was brought up in.

I want to see the Arthur of Britain series revived myself
on NTSC.

Magnus