[Regia-NA] Film "The Vikings" trivia.

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 7 00:09:29 EST 2005

JAMES REVELLS wrote:

> The book (by Frans Gunnar Bengtsson) "The Long Ships" was based on was
> much better as I remember (time to dig out my copy & re-read it, it's
> been 35 or so years since I last read it about the time it came out on TV).

I think I may have that novel somewhere. Never did get around to
reading it. They are so much fun when they acidify and burn your
eyes in their last decades... good luck if it is a paperback.

There are an amazing number of us grayhairs on this list.
At least we didn't grow up fixated on PacMan.
Richard Greene, Tyrone Power, Yul Brynner, Errol Flynn etc
just seem so much better.

> Pax,
> Olaf

You're right. I was thinking it had some of the same actors,
but now that you mention it....

I loved the ships scenes too.

Magnus