[Regia-NA] Samples of natural dyed yarn

Hazel Uzzell gythe at snrd.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 10:42:56 EDT 2005

I was interested to see your madder on linen samples. I too got fed up with
being told that you can't dye linen with madder. I tried pretty much the
same recipe as you and got a lovely deep colour.
Have you tried bleaching linen authentically yourself and dyeing that? I am
in the process at the moment, starting with completely unbleached linen
cloth.
I have read that it was quite a job!
Cheers,
Hazel