[Regia-NA] OT - Viking Longships / St. Partrick VHS on Sale

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 4 03:09:19 EDT 2005

Kim Siddorn wrote:

> Alas, they only sell in the USA & Canada!
>
> Regards,
>
> Kim

There is good stuff from British Television I can't buy here,
or from there apparently. Compared to our BBC-America channel store,
the BBC England store seems to have very few programs indeed.
Which leads me to wonder if you guys buy very many.

I got a PAL/NTSC to NTSC DVD player a while back to watch things
like Robin of Sherwood or a number of other series I hope to
buy from England. I've seen the series more often on eBay than
elsewhere. This is bound of course to aggravate my American
friends no end who dig through my collection to borrow from
who have only NTSC Region 1 players.
We have somewhere over a thousand series/movies/shows.

A&E/History etc. have high prices generally on their videos
but when I see some for sale that I think reenactors would
like I tell them. At $20-30 each they are overpriced. $7 or
less and once I get my order in I'll tell you guys.

Seems like it is easier to get an ALL Format player in England
than it is here. I had to track one down in Chicago that I
believe was reprogramed looking at alternative dealers on
Amazon.com. But it was worth it. I got to see the Marco
Polo series for the first time in twenty years.

Series I would like to buy having seen them on the History
International Channel but have not found for sale here or
in England:
Weapons that made Britain
Conquest
The Master series has a great video of Master Emrys making
plate armor from temperable steel sheet. Something we do
not do here.
There's quite a bit more but I'd have to search for them in
my notes.

Frequently the programs that Regia is in are not for sale.

Now they have tons of goofy stuff - including some with
reenactors narrated by Richard Karn of Home Improvement fame
or the ex-Python, Benny Hill, Mr. Bean, etc. Lots of old
British series like the Avengers, Thunderbirds, lots of
marionette action figure stuff.

Really good programs? Not so much.

I have learned I can buy lots of videos at the huge flea market
here for as little as $1 each, generally $2 or $3. Some that
show up I haven't seen in catalogs even and they send me lots
of those. I live like 2.2 miles from the state's probably best
flea market [of four we have around Raleigh] at the state
fairgrounds. Open every month but October. Sometimes I think
about reselling the stuff via Amazon partners Z shops or
eBay. Same with books and odd tools I find. I could probably
get rid of a thousand and barely make a dent in this mess.
Videos for sale generally start at around $7 used on Amazon.
Not a bad profit margin. Plus shipping and handling of course.

Magnus