[Regia-NA] Pennsic LHE

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 1 14:56:52 EST 2005

Kim Siddorn wrote:

Someone wrote in the recent recesses of time:
>> (Aside:  The correct spelling
>> is Tuchux, and I've come to the conclusion that, like
>> sheep, "Tuchux" is both singular and plural. Which explains
>> some things.)

OOOH! I'll tell the local fluff Tuchux and you'll be in trouble.
The male won't allow the obnoxious SCA Duke in his area to
participate in any fighter practices he holds. Which gets my
admiration at least. We have had Royals sometimes with less
backbone.

By the way Moose is singular and plural too.
So it may not explain everything.

> Took me a while to get as far as Tochux ;o)) Being an engineer by training,
> I'd mentally assigned "Two Chucks" to the spelling as I was not familiar
> with the novels that spawned them!

It was the Gor novels. There was even a Gor movie or two.

Must have been some really ugly males in those novels.
The females make passable breeding stock.
One knight I know married the founder's sister and has
two fine sons by her. As he is putting on a bit o weight
I presume someone has learned to cook by now. :)
Beats gnawing on bones and grunting. They actually use
soap in that house.

I must confess I was a tad disturbed to find a few of them out of
their normal hunting grounds and down here in the more civilized
South. This arose in the lands of the Northern Aggressors and is
one of Divinity's myriad punishments upon them for their lack of sense,
among which are Ted Kennedy, Hillary, unintelligible diverse
regional accents on the lines of Babelism, Nu Yawk cab drivers,
bad beer tasting of copper nails that gives horrible hangovers,
snow, ice, floods, the poorly and constantly rebuilt roads we
travel on -every- time we go to Pennsic and the wonderful
industrial waste that killed everything in Lake Erie and the
secrets Love Canal sprung upon the world too.
As to their management/engineering abilities one must only
point out Three Mile Island and the fact it took two
Drunks for successful generals found after a year or two of
Northern disasters to overpower the fear and raise some gumption
in their much larger armies. They only had 27 million to our 17 and
80 percent of the industry and nearly all the shipping and navy.
One would have thought the bullies would do better earlier on
with those numbers but they overestimated General McClellan and
some others. If Joshua Chamberlain hadn't held Little Round Top
at Gettysburg for them we would have rolled up the whole
Northern line and the next day's disastrous battle wouldn't
have happened when our cannoneers couldn't see over the top
of the hill to accurately blast them lying on their bellies.
We overshot instead.

Rain up there is so acidic it used to melt the nylons right off
women's legs [at least in the 1960's].
Nu Yawk has to import Canadian derived water just to drink.
Everyone eats bagels and lox to excercise their jaw muscles the
better to outshout each other in speechifying, television ads,
restaurants, and road rage incidents. Triumph, the Ahnold
imitating insult dog, merely uses yankee road speech for his
skits.

When the Supreme Court declared a moratorium on capital punishment
for a short while in the mid 1970's scads of them decided it was
an opportunity for a free pass to migrate south and ruin our
economies as well. In some areas we have wisely developed
containment centers with bland colors like beige to make them
feel at ease and thus limit the spread of the contagion.

It used to be large groups of southern hunters would line up
along the I-95 corridor which runs from Nu Yawk to Florida
[now pronounced Flahidah] and practice skeet shooting on their
semi-annual snowbird migrations. The survivors took offense at
this civil service and are again trying to disarm the South
while our best Scots-Irish Southern soldiers are overseas
preserving freedom for the rest of us.

There are probably only about four guns for every Southerner
now as we learned the first time they could out-produce us
industrial-wise for weaponry - when they had industries they
owned like the majority of cannon factories and shipping.
Now that they don't they fear righteous retaliation as they
very well should.

They'll never turn Orange County Choppers
into a tank factory.  Paulie takes far too much time making
up his mind and taking long lunch breaks and Paul Senior
spends most of his time arguing in the time honored northern
way about what a mess of things they have made most recently.
Being the only passable shot amongst them it is obvious Mikey
has some passable southern blood in him and may very well be
a loyal southern sympathizer indeed as he little furthers
their productivity.

And of course this also explains why the sensible Canadians
have never initiated any program to control the predatory
snow-ant populations.  Every little edge helps every little bit.

Magnus