[Regia-NA] Fw: [Regia] Awesome find in England

Ian Uzzell snorri at vikingasaga.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 06:05:38 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Uzzell
To: regia at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Regia] Awesome find in England

Having looked at the various websites and pictures of the finds - fantastic!!! :-) I telephoned Tullie House Museum in Carlisle to find out about the display that was mentioned in the press.  I was informed (politely and apologetically) that the press had misreported (now there's something unusual :-p) and that although the finds will be displayed today - it is not for the public but for the press only - after which the finds will be sent away for conservation, and will be returned to the museum in 2005 when they will finally be displayed for the public.  I am looking forward to that.

Ian Uzzell