[Regia-NA] OT - Seen 'Stateside

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Tue Oct 12 07:26:15 EDT 2004

WOW!  Don't know whether to say how cool or I'm sorry.

We were worried about family history too years ago. Grandpa Dillon died of
cancer of the pelvic lining at age 86 in 85.  Weird I know.  But when
Grandma Tear died in 77 we all went out to family members and go tape
recorders and had them dictate their personal histories.  Grandpa Dillon was
the oldest of 17, good Irish Roman Catholic!

We then spent the next decade transcribing them, then putting them on CD.
We have a fairly accurate history, with microfiche newspaper files of obits
and other articles.  Hell, we even found Grandpa's GREAT Grandmother's bible
from Ireland in his attic!  On every page in the margins were names with
birth, confirmation, wedding and funeral dates.  Actually found one family
member who was arrested in New Orleans in the mid-1850's for prostitution!!

Gotta love that city!

Soffya