[Regia-NA] Archaeological fabric, was Swatch Book

Jan Ward hawksbluff at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 00:13:43 EDT 2004

Checked with my friend. The place to visit is the
London Archaeological Archives and Research Center
(LAARC). She didn't remember the address, but she and
her husband made an appointment to visit, and the
people there brought out boxes of stuff for them to
look at and even touch. She was interested in
textiles, and he was interested in shoes and wooden
articles. I guess they store all kinds of stuff there.

Probably other museums and cities have the same sort
of archive.
The Royal Ontario Museum must have quite a collection
of textiles, because I've seen photos of some of their
stuff in a number of books. Dorothy Burnham's book,
_Cut My Cote_, was published by ROM. I know they have
some nice Coptic tunics, and I suspect they probably
have a lot more.
Jan/AElfwyn