[Regia-NA] The Nasal: What's it for?

Jon Smith cynewulf at ntlworld.com
Mon May 17 11:41:24 EDT 2004

Having worn both a cheek flapped and an aventailed helm I have noticed on
thing and used long overarm spear with a small head I have notice one thing
that actually scared me and that was the point of a spear defecting off the
inside of the cheek flap into my face - fortunately pulled so as to do
little damage - but I suspect this is a contributing factor to the whole
replacement of cheekflaps with mail curtains. [Before Pat or Steve or Kim or
anyone panics - IT WASN'T A REGIA EVENT]

Jon