[Regia-NA] Vendors and Skirts!

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Thu May 13 02:53:46 EDT 2004

Hazel Uzzell wrote:
 > Re machine made kit, remember that, at least in this country (UK)
 > public are quite capable of picking up your skirt to examine the
 > seam, so make sure that your seam finishing hides the fact that it
 > has been machine stitched!

No rational sober American would do that in public.
If they did do it that would not be the reason and they
wouldn't be sober.

Surprise them. Try putting a transvestite in drag.

[I presume two tunics an hour Kim was not sewing yolks
into the necks. I do the layout and machine sewing of
most of our costumes here. Ann does the hand stitching.
She worries over things like hand basting seams before
machine sewing. I pin it and stitch away.
She does do cloaks which I do not.
Garb we've sewn can last two or three decades at least.]

Do you English get comments on unshaved female legs?
I know some manly Germans prefer their women hairy. Figures I know.
And you guys do Anglo-Saxons. :)
One of my English teachers married one of them and he wouldn't
let her shave her legs, and her nylons stood up like ten thousand
tiny tents which gave us many a laugh in high school. Couldn't
even shave her upper lip and though she died her hair blonde
she had a peaches and cream complection which made the
moustache very noticable. :) Probably a handlebar by now.

I know one SCA Master that looks better than his very attractive
costumer Mistress (wife) in drag. I think she uses him for a dress
dummy myself. He seriously needs to be stuck full of pins.
[His 'music' fans are in South Africa and Australia in the SCA.
One local changed his persona name when his snoring was being
sung around many a campfire in the SCA from an early album.]
We can't figure out where all his cleavage in drag comes from.
It will really rattle your male hormones to see Gigi in drag.

I set up a long time one-upsmanship male opponent for a photograph
of an ambush kiss from Gigi. I've done considerably worse before. :)
He tries to smooch my wife once in a while. I see him sneaking
around the hall walls occaisionally headed her way like a large
wharf rat. He made sure each time I might notice him.
If I ever do a website....an earlier set(up) with photographs left
him purely speechless. Three women helped set him up at his
baronial investiture. Still, we've been friends 23 years almost.
He attended my 50th birthday party too.

Years ago I photographed an Atlantian knight-to-be going
around hooking his finger and then his nose down various cleavages.

One woman used to carry a stuffed (tit) mouse there. It occaisionally
exited that spot to end up face down, tail up in her empty cup,
signifying a need for somebody to refill it.

I have seen ten women mob an Atlantian King to check his
'regimental' wearing of a kilt. He was down on the floor against the
wall screaming "No Pictures!" at the time. No one I've seen crowned
has worn a kilt since. :) This was at Twelfth Nite Christmas feast
no less. Tough guy on the list field, a complete wussy in the hands
of a mob of curious females. Screaming like a little girl he was...
Atlantia was very different in its early days than it is now.

A well known and well sung Scottish persona from early Atlantia
was bent forward romancing a hot young lass one night (he was married)
and I heard him say "Look milady, there's Venus!" and he pointed.
So I said "Look, Calgaich, there's Uranus too!" and he shot bolt
upright. There is a famous old song hereabouts about when someone
stole his kilt and he marched through camp madly searching for it.
Ex Marine, ex Sheriff, ex Highway Patrol, and 82nd Airborne.
Natural adrenaline junkie.
Once surrounded during Desert Storm in two scouting humvees deep
inside enemy lines by 125 heavily armed Iraqis - who fortunately
were looking desperately to surrender in that waddy.
Last I heard from them he was in Alaska and had had a heart by-pass.
Was doing training work for the army up there.
I hope he's still well. I miss the stories of his adventures.
Found an actual coat of mail under an overhang in the desert shade.
Nearly snuck it home but they made him put it back so an
archaeologist could find it. Thought it was a rust colored
rock when he put his head on it. Time is a curious thing.
One warrior replaced another for that coat of mail.
Dunno how old it was.

 > I have even had public sniffing my sleeve, to verify (in their mind)
that it
 > was naturally dyed. (The man in question worked in a dye factory)
 > Cheers, Hazel

Sounds very French to me.
I'm seeing images of either DeGaulle or the Sudafed Stuffy Nose here.
I have heard on television that the NOSE thought he was Jean d'Arc
reincarnate. I wonder what Joan would have thought of that.
:)
Of course it took the Allies to take him home victorious.
And it was the French ex-army from Algeria that kept trying to
kill him later. The Day of the Jackal had a basis in fact.

Magnus
Tomorrow to the doctor, and possibly the hospital.
Assuming I make it through the night.
A convenient appointment for a change.