[Regia-NA] medieval faire in maryland

Wolf crussell at pennswoods.net
Fri May 7 18:19:48 EDT 2004

Greetings to all history enthusiasts!

The Medieval Faire would like to invite you and your
group to the oldest North American re-enactment of the
Battle of Hastings. The dates are October 9th and
10th, 2004, and the event will be held at Marietta
Mansion in Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA. The address is
5626 Bell Station Road, Glenn Dale, MD, 20769, and
more information about Marietta mansion can be found
on their webpage:
http://www.pghistory.org/MariettaMansion.html

This event will be a timeline event with the
re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings of 1066 as the
main focus. There will be two major Hastings
re-enactment battles on both Saturday and Sunday.
However, groups that re-enactment other timeframes and
events are encouraged to come and set-up demonstration
areas as well. We are allowing steel re-enactment
swords for the battle, but attendees should contact us
regarding armor and clothing requirements. All
participants are welcome to camp over night. Please
contact us with any enquiries about bringing horses on
the site.

Medieval Faire is open to the public, and we will have
music, medieval demonstrations, and activities for the
public. Here are some pictures of the past 2 years
Hastings (now called MEdieval Faire):
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/eventshastings2002.htm

Please contact me/us at crussell at pennswoods.net if you are
interested in attending or learning more about the
event.

Thank you.