[Regia-NA] Marylanders

Brett W. McCoy bmccoy at chapelperilous.net
Wed Jun 30 13:56:42 EDT 2004

Tracie Brown wrote:

>    Quantico may be in the same state as Alexandria, but it's
> an hour or so away -- more if the traffic is bad. It also
> depends on what part of Alexandria you're talking about.  If
> you haven't run into it yet, you will --  the Washington-
> Baltimore area is one of thse places where, when you ask "how
> far is it?", the answer is in units of time, not distance.
> Last time I lived up there, my commute to work was 1-1/2
> hours each way by car, 2 hours by public transportation. The
> distance was 21 miles. (Bowie to Crystal City, crossing two
> state lines, going through DC, which was the fastest but not
> shortest way.)

The Eastern panhandle of WV (Martinsburg, Harper's Ferry, Charlestown &
Shepherdstown) is now considered part of the Baltimore-DC metro area by
virtue of being connected by commuter rail.

>    Maybe now would be a good time to point out that the
> Virginia-Maryland-DC-Delaware area could sustain a Regia
> group...

I know another guy who does 18th C re-enactment who lives in Rockville
(and may even be on this list) who has expressed interest in Regia.  I
bet we can cull out at least 10 people, and certainly there are local
Marklanders and Scadians (and maybe even a few rogue Dagorhir types) who
may be interested.

-- Brett
                                           http://www.chapelperilous.net/