[Regia-NA] Dues Increase.

Martin Field marfield66 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 00:10:02 EDT 2004

As approved by George (Ealdor) and Jeanne (Treasurer)
To current and prospective members -
For the past six months or more we have been running a deficit on what we
currently charge members in the USA ($25.00) and barely having any surplus
for basic incidental operating costs from the Canadian dues ($40.00) for one
year's membership of Regia N.A.
The main culprit in this equasion is the international currency exchange
rate where we need to send a 15.00 Pounds Capping Fee to the Regia UK
treasury for each member.
Allowing for minor fluctuations this now costs us in the region of $27.50 US
and $37.50 Canadian so in the interests of literally keeping our heads above
the fiscal high water mark we find it necessary to raise the U.S yearly
membership dues to $30.00 and the Canadian membership dues to $42.50.
I believe the former rate has held steady for in excess of two years so in
balance of this and in view of the exchange rate we find this a necessesity
as opposed to an option.
May we ask that you understand the situation we face and accept the increase
in the literal interests of sustainability.
In my view the capping fee still provides a very good bang for the buck as
it funds publications and their distribution which aren't cheap by any means
in addition to many other incidental costs associated with running an
organization such as ours.
Please understand that it is our intent to keep this increase to an absolute
minimum - I actually still expect to incur out-of-pocket expenses such as
paying for the bank account monthly fees and some mailing costs to put this
into context.
I have requested the new rates to be posted up onto the ranamember web-site
by my webmaster ASAP in view of the Aug, 1st joining option for new members.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any Q's.
All the best
Martin - N.A Membership Sec.