[Regia-NA] It gets worse

J K Siddorn kim.siddorn at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 04:48:50 EDT 2004

Yerst. When at Pennsic in 2000, I was struck dumb by the nerve of some extremely well constructed young ladies who
contrived costumes out of four not-very-large rabbit skins.

My favourite was the six foot odd blonde woman of perhaps 25 who wore a linen dress in the Classical Greek style.
Consisting of two long, vertical, floor length pieces of bleached linen, caught only with a few stitches at the
shoulders and the hips, the upper part at the front was folded twice to give a triple layer. The extra weight of the
fabric here was sufficient for her to be able to wear her frock without any underpinnings whatsoever. In company with a
gathering crowd of men (and a scattering of women) of all ages and ethnic backgrounds (Vikings, Mongols, knights,
Sythian archers et al) I observed her both walking and engaged in animated discussion with much arm waving for perhaps
twenty minutes or so. I'm pleased to record that during all that time she exposed no more flesh than her mother would
have wished despite the startling effect the ensemble had upon all who came upon her.

I was very impressed ..............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,