[Regia-NA] Prittlewell Burial

Ian Uzzell snorri at vikingasaga.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 18:19:54 EDT 2004

Yes, I am sorry - I forgot to mention that.  It is felt that it could be Eastern European in manufacture. (Hungary may claim that it is evidence of a Magyar invasion of England :-) )

It was found at the head end of the grave. And it has an iron folding frame - which is all that survives.  Nothing further was said about that.  Many items are still being investigated as the burial was only excavated last year and much is still in the laboratories.

He commented that the burial took three months to excavate as opposed to the 19 days of the Sutton Hoo burial